External Lift Specifications
- Quinn External lifts are suitable for fitting on to the exterior of existing or new homes
- A choice of cabin sizes is available to suit individual requirements.
- Built to service up to two levels to a height of up to 3 meters.
- The lift capacity is set at 450kg.
- Powered by a 12 volt dc electro/hydraulic power source, the lift will continue to operate for a period of time if the mains power fails. A 240 volt ac drive is optional.
- Designed on a cantilever mast system, the lift is fastened to one wall or deck/terrace and the lower floor.
- The design complies with the New Zealand Building Code for domestic installations.
All this from a company that has been manufacturing lifting equipment since the early 1960’s
- The complete unit is manufactured in our factory by competent skilled trade’s people.
- The Platform (cabin) is fully guided and supported in a Hot Rolled Channel section (Mast).
- Side Guide Rollers are fitted to provide a stable platform
- Lifting occurs by way of an hydraulic cylinder via two sets of adjustable roller chains.
- Mast construction is a standard design but built to suit individual lift height requirements.
- Individually manufactured to suit individual requirements.
- Usually 1.2 meters x 1.3 meters and one meter high, the all-weather cabin is made with a hot dipped galvanized steel frame and aluminum panels.
- The lower door is mounted into the cabin while the upper door is mounted into the Barrier at deck level.
Lift Shaft – Not part of Quinn Engineering’s quote – Owners responsibility
- Requires a concrete pad, and a barrier wall from the pad to 1 meter above the upper deck level. (Built by builder to Quinn’s specifications.)
- Requires a slight ramp up 140mm at lower level
- Requires an external all –weather single phase 240 volt ac power point.
- All electrical operations are 12vdc powered by a large deep cycle battery.
- Low voltage wiring is supplied and installed by the lift installer. A prewire is required before the barrier linings are fitted.
- The lift has a constant pressure control
- A key isolating/emergency down switch is fitted on the control panel in the cabin along with an emergency alarm switch and controls for each level.
- The lift automatically stops at the level requested & only the door at that level can be opened.
- Low voltage electrics are used throughout the design.
- A removable isolating key is fitted to prevent unauthorized use of the lift.
- An audible alarm is fitted to the exterior of the lift shaft and controlled from the cabin.
- All doors have to be closed before the lift will operate
- The doors will automatically lock before the lift will operate.
- The lift stops automatically at the level requested & only the door at that level will open.
- An anti creep system is fitted to reset the platform to the requested level if creeping occurs.
- Safety switches are fitted to each lifting chain to prevent travel should they become slack.
- If the mains power fails, the lift will continue to operate in either direction for a time.
- A sensor plate is installed under the cabin to stop the lift in case of any obstruction.
- A Hydraulic burst/speed valve is fitted to prevent overrunning of the cabin.
- Relief and check valves are fitted into the system as standard safety features.
- A manual override valve is fitted to allow the lowering of the cabin in an emergency.
- A pit prop is supplied for the use of maintenance staff working under the raised platform.
Registration & Specifications
- A Lift Schedule/Log Book is kept with each lift giving details of the Model, Serial Number, Lift Capacity, Installation date and Test procedures completed. A duplicate of this information is kept at the manufacturer’s office. The log book shall be completed after each service showing the work completed.
- The first 12 months is covered in the initial purchase price of the product.
- Service and maintenance costs will depend on the environment and usage of the lift but may require a battery replacement every 3 – 5 years. Hydraulic oil, lifting chains, rollers may also need attention.
- Quinn Engineering Ltd offer as standard a 12 month full parts and labour warranty. At the completion of the warranty period, the owner may agree to a service contract with the installer to ensure servicing is completed at regular intervals.